Coke Studio Pakistan
Hello People! Today when Pakistani artists are getting banned in various parts of the country, there are mixed views. Some feel it right while others claim it to be unjustified. But admit it or not, there is one thing which is loved by one and all and that is Coke Studio Pakistan.
Pic Credits: www.akamaihd.net
Also Read: Fun and Unknown Facts about Carryminati
Here is everything you must know about it.
- Coke Studio Pakistan is a popular Pakistani television series which features live studio recorded music performance by various artists. It was launched on 8th June 2008.
- It was first launched in Brazil by the collaboration of Coca-Cola company and Nokia. In India, it was launched in 2011 by MTV productions and Red Chillies Entertainment.
Pic Credits: www.firstpost.in
- Coke Studio Pakistan is located in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Till date, Coke Studio Pakistan has released 9 successful Seasons which include 46 Episodes. And with each upcoming episode its popularity and Fan following has increased incredibly.
- It has outreached internationally to over 150 countries.
Also Read: 10 Most Anticipated Hollywood of 2017
- It is hugely popular in India too. It has got 1.6 million likes on its Facebook page from India alone.
- The two most internationally famous tracks of Coke Studio are Tajdar-e-Haram and Atif Allah.
- Till Season 6, Coke Studio Pakistan was produced by the founder of first Pakistani pop band Vital Signs, Rohail Hyatt and his wife Umber Hyatt. After this Season, Pakistani Band Strings has been producing it.
- The motive of it is to bring different musical styles together. It has proved to be a successful platform for old as well as new singers with different languages and reputation.
Pic Credits: www.youtube.com
- In Season 7, the legendary duo of Abida Parveen and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan recorded the track Chaap Tilak in one single take.
- To de-stress themselves, the crew members play the Atari Flashback console game in the artists’ lounge.
Coke Studio music is always a treat to the ear and soul. Once you watch them performing, you get addicted. The music is blend with modern, folk and classical touch with heartfelt lyrics. Maybe that’s the reason it has gain immense popularity nationally as well as globally.