India Vs New Zealand First Test Match
India vs Zealand Test Series has started on 22/9/2016. Here is the preview for the first Test match of the Series and also some of the most important factors related to this series. India team is looking stronger than the New Zealand team on paper but in the game of cricket, anything can happen.
Venue: Green Park, Kanpur
Date: 22/9/16 – 26/9/16
India vs New Zealand Test Series : Pitch Report
It is one of the typical turning tracks, so expected to aid spinners. Therefore, the team batting first would be benefitted as on the 5th day of the match pitch starts turning square making it very hard to play strokes.
Also Read: Top 10 ICC Cricket Test Teams
India vs New Zealand Test Series will be very important for some of the players to get back in form. Let us look at the players who will be playing the India vs New Zealand Test Series.
Kane Williamson(capt), Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Mark Craig, Martín Guptill, Tom Latham, Jimmy Neesham, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling, Neil Wagner, Tim Southee, Luke Ronchi, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi.
Virat Kohli(capt), KLRahul, Pujara, A Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Murali Vijay, Wridhimaan Saha, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammad Shami, B. Kumar,Shikhar Dhawan,R Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Umesh Yadav.
Also Read: Why Cricket is no longer a sport in India?
India vs New Zealand Test Series: Which team is better?
Now let us look at some of the key factors that will govern the India vs NewZealnad Test Series.
• India is obviously looking very strong. It is also the 500th test match for team India so they will like to make it memorable.
• Also, Virat hates losing. So, India will definitely not take Black Caps on a lease.
• M. Vijay, KL Rahul, Rahane, and Kohli are in terrific form and hopefully, they will continue with the same in the first test.
• Indian bowling also looks very strong with the spin trio of Ashwin, Jadeja, and Mishra on a spinning track, will pose a big hurdle for the Black Caps batsmen.
• The only shy of worry to Indian batting is Dhawan’s form, who might be dropped in the first test. Also, Ishant Sharma is ill before the test and will not play it.
Also Read: List of World XI ODI Cricket Team
• Black Caps recently lost test series to South Africa by 1-0. So their morale will be a bit down. But this squad looks quite adaptive and well furnished with a mix of players.
• Players like Williamson, Taylor are in great touch with a sound technique to face Indian spinners but barring the two, the rest of the batsmen aren’t good players of spin and also lag confidence of playing in subcontinent conditions.
• Bowling looks decent with the attack of Boult, Henry, Sodhi. Their main trump will be Santner the all-rounder who bowled beautifully in the practice match played vs Mumbai and also, during the T20 World Cup, he bowled appreciably well. Wagner might be a surprise package for Indian batsmen as the young bowler has a variety in his bowling.
• But they would seriously miss the swing of Tim Southee who is unfit to play the 1st test.
Indians are the clear favorites of this match and since they are batting first on Day 1 so there is a very little chance for the Indian Team to lose this India vs New Zealand Test Series.
What do you think?
Comment below in the box. Keep reading SAIKISITE.
Thank You !